photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Monday, April 7, 2014

Let's #fighttoxins with Seventh Generation

Full Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central for Seventh Generation. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating.


Things I wasn't aware of until now:

  • More than 80,000 chemicals available in the US have never been fully tested for their toxic effects on our health & environment. 
  • Scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, such as Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and various reproductive problems.
  • The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was passed in 1976, and unlike other major environmental laws, has never been updated. As it currently stands, tens of thousands of potentially harmful chemicals continue to be used in the marketplace since the 1970’s without proper testing and without disclosure by the companies that produce them.
Over the past few years, I've started to care more and more about the impact I have on the environment, and the impact that my environment has on me. When I became more interested in cooking, I began to care more about the quality of ingredients I cook with. I've switched to organic vegetables. I buy organic, hormone free, antibiotic free meat & meat products. (The size of a big brand, hormone laden chicken breast in comparison to a hormone free chicken breast is ridiculous. I started thinking... God only knows what they're injecting those poor birds with... Do I really want to ingest whatever it is?)



Then I realized how silly it was to spend more money on higher quality meat & produce, and still wash our dishes with chemical filled dish soap. The Seventh Generation dish soap was the first product from that brand I tried, and I absolutely love it. The scent is light and it lathers really well. 



The health of myself & my family is more important to me than anything else. It factors into every decision that I make. And the information I received from Seventh Generation makes it shockingly clear that we need to rid toxins from our daily lives. 

The country's main chemical safety law (the TSCA) was passed almost 40 years ago, and is in serious need of reform. Please help Seventh Generation reach their goal of 100,000 signatures on their petition as they seek the reform so desperately needed. Just click on the button below to add your name to the petition. Let's #fighttoxins!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!