I hate the low carb diets. I hate them so much. I don't care how many people say that they are good for you. Most of the people on these diets eat nothing but meat, eggs & cheese. And any diet that prohibits most fruits & vegetables is NOT a good diet.
However. My boyfriend had been in Iraq for 4 months, and I spent too much time drinking wine & eating out and not nearly enough time at the Y. So, two weeks ago I decided I needed to lose as much weight as possible as fast as possible. So I gave the low carb diet a try.
I did it much more moderately than most. Instead of limiting myself to 15-20 carbs a day, I gave myself 30.
And my absolute favorite thing to eat has been a low carb pizza.
There is a brand of tortillas that makes low carb flour tortillas. They come in three sizes. The large has 10 carbs, the medium has 7 & the small has 4. For me, the small is MORE than big enough, especially since I eat these pizzas for lunch and usually have a low carb yogurt along side it.
Anyways. Here is the recipe:
- 1 tortilla
- Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Grilled chicken(cooked, chopped up in small pieces, tossed in wing sauce)
- shredded cheese
- Toast up the tortilla (I use a nonstick electric griddle). The tortilla needs to be getting crispy before adding any toppings.
- Once the tortilla has begun to crisp up, spoon a little sauce in the middle of the tortilla and spread it almost to the edge.
- Add some of the chopped chicken in sauce (I always cook my chicken on my electric griddle. It's fast & easy. I then chop it pretty small & toss it liberally in wing sauce). Spread the chicken to the edges.
- Cover with cheese & let the cheese melt (to make the cheese melt faster, you could add a tinfoil tent).
I don't have a pic of that one, but I made another pizza with some pizza sauce, pepperoni, and some veggies (green onion, black olive & sauteed mushrooms). That one was delicious as well!