Yum! These were SO moist! You couldn't taste the actual cheesecake that was spooned into the batter, but it made them even more moist and so, so creamy.
(Recipe adapted from this Martha Stewart one.)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
Cheese Cake Filling
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper lines. In a bowl, carrots, sugar, vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture into wet mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (fill about 1/2 the way full). Add one tablespoon of cheesecake filling to the middle of the cupcake. Bake until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
(Recipe courtesy of the Repressed Pastry Chef)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese; room temperature, divided in three parts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and combine very well.
- Add the first third of the cream cheese and combine very well.
- Add the shortening and combine very well.
- Add the remaining cream cheese one piece at a time, combining very well after each.
- Gradually add the sugar and combine thoroughly.