photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Powder???

My favorite thing about being an Air Force wife if having access to the commissary. The prices are AMAZING and they have an awesome variety. I've always noticed that they have a lot of items I've never seen before at stores other than specialty food stores. I didn't really need anything today, but I just pushed my cart along grabbing things that I had expiring coupons for.

As I was picking up some more Nutella (I'm an addict...), I noticed that the top shelf was full of organic peanut butters. And then I noticed this stuff- PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter.


I bought some and it tastes just like peanut butter! I was amazed. When I got back home I googled it and found out it's not available at all in the Charlotte area, but yet I can find it in Arkansas. I guess since the Air Force base has so many people who live so many different kinds of lifestyles they have to keep something for everyone on hand.

I also saw they had rhubarb today in the produce section; something I had never seen before either. 

I swear, if they sold fresh seafood, I would never have to go to Whole Foods!

3 comments:

  1. I can never figure out if the commissary is worth the drive. I looove whole foods. Their prepared food makes me drool every time, that's worth the drive! Ive heard of pb2, peanut butter without all the fat right?

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the commissary. The prices are crazy good and I'm really pleased with their selection. We live close to base, so Whole Foods is hell of a drive. And I love to cook, so I rarely ever buy their prepared food. I do love their salad bar though. And their fresh seafood.

    And yeah, it's a powder that you mix with water. It has like 85% fewer calories and tastes just like real peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to go check it out! Does the commissary have a good amount of organic? I'm not strict about it but I find that organic has less added salts and sugars, meaning less fat for me. Lol I think I'm gonna buy dh some pb2. He's trying to eat healthier and looooves peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!