Anyways. I made a stuffed pork chop recipe a few months ago that I saw on Food Network. It was stuffed with spinach, goat cheese and sundried tomatoes. And it was delicious. So, I took that concept, changed up the ingredients to make it Greek style. And it was absolutely delicious. It was fast and easy also, so it's a great weeknight dinner.
Stuffed Greek Chicken
- Two chicken breasts
- 2 T. of olive oil
- dried oregano
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (obsessed with this stuff!)
- Half of a red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 C. of chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 C. of feta crumbles
- Mix feta, olives, and red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in bottom of a preheated skillet.
- With a paring knife, cut a pocket in the chicken. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff each chicken breast with half of cheese/olive/pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle each breast with oregano and steak seasoning. Place in pan seasoned side down and then season the other side.
- Cook 7-8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. When you flip the chicken, be careful not to lose any of the delicious stuffing.
I think once I've eaten the packs of these in the cabinet, I won't buy them again. This means I won't be eating mashed potatoes anymore, but my roasted potatoes are insanely delicious, so I'm happy with those.