photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stuffed Greek Chicken

Kalamata olives and feta cheese are two of the great loves of my life. I really think I could live on olives. I go through about two jars of them a week, and if the fat content wasn't so high I think I would eat more.

Anyways. I made a stuffed pork chop recipe a few months ago that I saw on Food Network. It was stuffed with spinach, goat cheese and sundried tomatoes. And it was delicious. So, I took that concept, changed up the ingredients to make it Greek style. And it was absolutely delicious. It was fast and easy also, so it's a great weeknight dinner.


Stuffed Greek Chicken
Ingredients
  • Two chicken breasts
  • 2 T. of olive oil
  • dried oregano
  • McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (obsessed with this stuff!)
  • Half of a red bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1/4 C. of chopped kalamata olives
  • 1/4 C. of feta crumbles

Directions
  1. Mix feta, olives, and red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. 
  2. Drizzle olive oil in bottom of a preheated skillet. 
  3. With a paring knife, cut a pocket in the chicken. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff each chicken breast with half of cheese/olive/pepper mixture. 
  4. Sprinkle each breast with oregano and steak seasoning. Place in pan seasoned side down and then season the other side. 
  5. Cook 7-8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. When you flip the chicken, be careful not to lose any of the delicious stuffing.
With this chicken, I served a salad and mashed potatoes. I know this isn't very gourmet of me, but I really love instant mashed potatoes. I mean, you add boiling water, fluff them, and you're good to go. This is awesome to me, and I eat them a LOT. Well, tonight I just happened to look at the back of the package at the nutritional information. Yes, they're low fat & low calorie, but God knows what else is in them. I mean, that list of ingredients is insane, since mashed potatoes should just be butter, milk and potatoes of course.


I think once I've eaten the packs of these in the cabinet, I won't buy them again. This means I won't be eating mashed potatoes anymore, but my roasted potatoes are insanely delicious, so I'm happy with those.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, everything in moderation. Those instant 'taters make a good, sneaky thickener for soup, too.

    The chicken looks good, I could eat feta and olives constantly myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!