photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Buddy's super cool cat condo!


Many, many months ago, Love & Olive Oil tweeted a picture of this very cool cat condo their cats now called home. I loved it, and searched for it. When I found it, I closed that website pretty quick. It retailed for nearly $300. To me, that is insane. Buddy likes playing in cardboard boxes. He didn't a piece of furniture that cost more than a months car payment.

When we decided to get the puppy, everything I read said that the cat needed a tower or a climbing tree. Basically something that would allow the cat to quickly get out of reach of the dog if he needed to. The days before we adopted Hermione, I was a nervous wreck that a puppy would hurt Buddy. So, Graham and I started searching for cool cat furniture online. We stumbled upon the one I liked so many months ago, and Graham decided to make it for Buddy himself.



It took less than a week, cost around $60 and I love that we were able to customize it with colors that we love and that look great with our decor. Graham even took it further than the one online, and put carpet inside each little box, and made a little ledge on each level. He put carpet on the ledge too, and a piece on the very top of the tower. This looks absolutely awesome, was a fraction of the cost and makes me feel much better about Buddy's safety for when Hermione gets much, much bigger.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!