photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chicken Pesto Pizza...

... aka the second best pizza I've ever had. And Graham's reaction (in between moans): "Effing amazing."


This recipe is adapted from this one I found over at Annie's Eats. And it was SO good. I mean really. So. Freaking. Good. I added more stuff to this, because I really like my pizzas to have a lot of toppings. The only time you'll ever find me eating a plain cheese pizza is if it's all that is available. You've probably noticed that I love strong flavors, so I added feta and kalamata olives to this, and it was absolutely perfect. I can't wait to dig in to the leftovers.

Chicken Pesto Pizza
(Recipe adapted from this one.)
Ingredients:
  • 1 ball of Pizza dough (I love the Pioneer Woman's recipe)
  • 1 cup of Pesto (I like this one from Williams-Sonoma)
  • 2 vine ripened tomatoes; pulp removed and chopped
  • 1/2 cup of feta (goat cheese would be delicious too!)
  • 8-10 kalamata olives; chopped
  • 3 chicken tenders; grilled & chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese 
    All of the pretty topping before adding the mozzarella.

    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 500
    2. Roll out pizza dough on your baking sheet/pizza stone.
    3. Spread pesto over the dough, leaving about 1/2" to a 1" border. 
    4. Sprinkle on the feta, the chopped olives, tomatoes and chicken.
    5. Cover the whole thing with the shredded mozzarella.
    6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let sit for a minute before slicing it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing your thoughts!