photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich




So that creamy tomato soup I made yesterday? This is the perfect accompaniment to it. Not that there is anything wrong with a traditional grilled cheese sandwich, but this was perfect with the soup. The soup was supposed to have basil in it, but I was out. Pesto is primarily made from basil, so I knew it would be fantastic with the soup.

I cheated a lot with this, but there isn't really a science to making grilled cheese. The inspiration for this sandwich was this one that I saw on Pinterest (of course).

Pesto Grilled Cheese
(Recipe adapted from this one.)

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of sourdough bread
  • 2 t. of butter
  • 1-2 slices of mozzarella
  • 2 T. of pesto (I cheated and used store bought.)

Directions:
  1. Spread butter evenly over one side of each piece of bread.
  2. Lay bread, buttered side down, on a hot electric griddle. 
  3. Lay one slice of cheese on one piece of bread.
  4. Spread pesto over the other slice of bread.
  5. Assemble sandwich and let cook until the outside is golden brown and the cheese is gooey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!