photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roasted broccoli with garlic & lemon.


This is another recipe that came to me from Pinterest. What did we ever do before Pinterest? I mean, really. Without Pinterest I wouldn't have my beautiful blue wall or half of the awesome things I've cooked over the past nine months.

The original blog post for this recipe calls it the best broccoli of your life.

I think it has the potential to be the best broccoli of your life. I personally found it to be too lemony. With some bites you couldn't taste anything but the lemon. Next time I make this, I may omit the juice, or maybe only juice half the lemon.

But this is recipe is definitely a keeper and definitely going in my side dish rotation.


Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Lemon
Adapted from this one, which was adapted from The Barefoot Contessa.

Ingredients:
  • Two bunches of broccoli, washed and THOROUGHLY dried.
  • One lemon
  • 6.5 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 4 cloves of garlic; minced.
  • 2 T. of sea salt
  • 2 T. of freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Cut two large bunches of broccoli into florets. Keep them pretty decently sized. This shrinks up a lot when it's cooked.
  3. Toss the broccoli with 5 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt & pepper, the minced garlic.
  4. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the florets have begun to turn brown and are crisp.
  5. Remove from the oven and toss with the remaining 1.5 tablespoons of oil and the zest of one lemon.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!