(Adapted from here.)
- 1/4 c. of olives; sliced.
- 8-10 slices of pepperoni; sliced.
- 1 bell pepper; diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion; thinly sliced
- 1 package (I think it's 12 ounces) of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can of whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 t. of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. of a short pasta (I used cellantini from Barilla)
- 2 T. of olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Boil pasta in salted water. When finished, reserve 1/2 a cup of cooking water and drain.
- While boiling water, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, the whole tomatoes (break them up a little with a spoon), and the red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low.
- When pasta is done, add the reserved liquid to the ricotta in a large bowl, and mix until smooth. Then add the parmesan, olives and pepperoni. Mix until well combined, and then toss the cheese mixture with the hot pasta. Pour into the bottom of a large baking dish (I used a large lasagna dish) and then top with an even layer of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and place under broiler until cheese is golden and bubbly (mine took about 2-3 minutes).
|Six servings? Really?|