photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Fall" Bucket List

Fall bucket lists are making their way through the blogosphere, and I was instantly inspired to do one myself. But since Fall runs from September 22-December 21, my list will also include Christmas things. I absolutely adore this time of year. I loathe the heat and start looking forward to fall & winter the first time we have a 90+ degree day (which in Arkansas is probably late April…) The weather is finally cooling off here, and I can not wait to start checking things off of my list!

Fitness
-Continue working towards running my first 5K! Graham & I are set to do the color run in Memphis on October 13.
Source
-Turkey Trot in Charlotte on Thanksgiving

Travel
-Mother/Daughter cruise with my mom the first week of October.
-Head home to NC for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Relationships
-Surprise one of my favorite people with a fall “care package”. (Goal is to send it out by 9/21)

Holidays
-Decorate pumpkins! (Why carve them when you can paint chevrons & polka dots on them =) )
Here, Here, Here, Here.

-Make my fireplace & mantle festive.
Here & Here.

-Decorate the house for Christmas! I’d like to put up a tree by December 2.
-Take “family” photos so we can send out cute Christmas cards
Torn between a photo card & something more like an infographic.

Food(!!!)
-Bake one new sweet recipe with pumpkin (this means something other than pumpkin bread & cheesecake), and make a savory dish with pumpkin. I'm currently drooling over these:
Here, Here, Here & Here

-Perfect an apple pie
-DIY edible Christmas gifts. I’m thinking something like this:
Here, Here & Here.

Experiences
-Go to a pumpkin patch to pick out my pumpkins.
-Take a drive with Graham to see the leaves changing.
-Go horseback riding

Things for Me
-Read two books a month. I love to read, but haven't done nearly as much lately as I'd like, and I'd really like to change that. I recently bought Devil in the White City, In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror & an American Family in Hitler's Berlin, One Breath Away and The Weight of Silence
-Start getting my nails done. I have crappy nails, and I bite them. A manicure is a waste of money for me, but I bought three new shades of Essie polish, and I'd love to use it on more than my toes. Most nail salons will paint your nails for less than $10, so I'd love to start doing this once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!