photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Monday, November 12, 2012

Gigi's Cupcakes: Now Open in Little Rock!



I was so excited to see that Gigi's was finally open! I stop at the one in Nashville every time I make the drive to & from Charlotte, NC.


The shop is cute and in a great, growing location. The staff was absolutely awesome. The manager could not have been nicer and the young girl behind the counter was more than happy to explain every flavor combination to me. I also LOVED that in addition to the manager they had 3-4 people behind the counter working. The manager was coaching them on how to help the customers, and to be sure to answer all of their questions.

All of the cupcakes sounded amazing, but I ordered the strawberry cream. It was a vanilla cupcake with a mountain of strawberry cream cheese frosting. The cupcake was amazing, It was light & fluffy & tasted fresh. My only complaint with the cupcake? So. Much. Frosting. It was fine in this case because it wasn't ridiculously sweet and it was amazingly delicious & creamy, but it was still a lot of frosting. I honestly scooped about half of it off. I'd rather there be too much frosting rather than too little, but it feels like a waste to me. And good frosting should never be wasted.

I also really loved their packaging. Without asking, they put the cupcake in one of their cute pale green boxes and sealed it with a pink and white sticker. I loved that they just gave you the box and didn't charge extra. At other cupcake shops I've been to, they put the cupcakes in a paper bag unless you're willing to pay extra for a box and the frosting ends up smooshed.

I am so excited Gigi's is open, and I have a feeling we'll be making a lot more trips out to this side of town now =)

Gigi’S Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!