We made this the other night and served it alongside grilled chicken & mashed potatoes. Seriously every bite was followed by a "this is so good" or a few appreciative noises. And by the end of dinner, the two of us had completely finished the pound of asparagus and the pint of cherry tomatoes.
Roasted Asparagus & Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
- 1 lb. of asparagus; washed & trimmed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
- kosher salt (optional)
- Goat cheese; crumbled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash & dry asparagus, and then trim off the ends (bend one stalk till it breaks, and then use that as the guide to chop the ends off of the rest of them). Toss them with olive oil & spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle the seasoning over them (and I LOVE salty stuff, so I sprinkled some extra salt on mine).
- Toss the whole tomatoes in oil, spread on the baking sheet & sprinkle with seasoning (and extra salt).
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the oven, toss together, and sprinkle with goat cheese.