photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Friday, January 4, 2013

Fabulous Finds

One of the best things about going home is the chance to do some shopping at my favorite stores. I love things that are a little different that you can't find everywhere you go.

Paper Skyscraper is one of my favorite stores ever. They are locally owned & operated, and carry a very diverse selection of gift items, greeting cards, gorgeous gift wrap, etc. I can never go in there without finding a few dozen things I want, and this trip was no exception.

Umbra Fish Bag Clips

These were only $8.95 at Paper Skyscraper, and we actually bought these. The dog keeps eating the bag clips we have, and I loved these!

Pickle Wine Bottle Stopper
LOVED this! I managed to restrain myself & didn't buy it, but I'll probably end up with it sooner or later. And it's only $7.50 on Amazon!

I thought these key boards were really cool. I'd love to DIY one when we move to VA.

Umbra Zoola Ring Holders
I thought these Umbra ring holders were super cute too. They were all priced at $8.95 in the store, but the prices vary online. I currently have a little dish on my nightstand that an ex-boyfriend gave me... I think something with a little less baggage would be appropriate for my beautiful wedding rings =)

These rose votive holders were so pretty & cheerful. And at $9.95 a piece, I could definitely find places for a few of these in our home.

Loved this cardboard reindeer! It was half off on Christmas clearance, so I doubt I could find it again, but I have a handy husband with a garage full of power tools... I think I we could DIY a sturdier version of this guy.

The Obsessive Chef cutting board
This cutting board is too cool. I don't know how practical it would actually be, but it's fun.

I absolutely LOVED these candle holders. At $90, they are a little out of my budget, but I thought they were gorgeous. Graham is already planning on DIYing these too =)

Elephant & Bear organizers
These are so cute! And so much more fun for sorting mail than a boring old basket!

Dead Fred Pen Holder
If I didn't share my desk with other people, I would have bought this in a heartbeat.

Love this USB power strip too. Everything uses a USB port these days, this would come in so handy.

Paper Skyscraper is located at 330 East Blvd. in Charlotte. They're open Monday-Friday from 10:00-7:00, Saturday from 10:00-6:00, and Sunday from 12:00-5:00. 

At home, I also LOVE shopping at TJ Maxx/HomeGoods. A lot. I will willingly fight the crowds at Concord Mills just to visit that store. The only HomeGoods in Arkansas is about 45 minutes away in Conway. Some of my all time favorite home finds have been at HomeGoods, and these shopping trips did not disappoint.

How pretty are these chairs? I'd love tho have these in a dining room. Especially with the hammered metal table we fell in love with back in the spring.

This rug came home with me. It's a smokey blue-gray and is the PERFECT size for my kitchen. AND was only $40.

These pillows were yelling my name. The only reason I didn't buy them is because our couch is thisclose to being taken over by throw pillows.

 
How pretty is this chair? The navy & white pattern won me over, but I adore the sides of the chair.

When we were in Charlotte over Thanksgiving I found this cute set of cutting boards for $10. We have them hanging on a cabinet, and I decided I needed two more.

After going to about three different stores, I finally found these two at the Marshalls/HomeGoods in Huntersville. I LOVE them! I only needed one more set, but I couldn't resist. And is it a bad thing to have too many cutting boards? I don't think so.



And what's even more fun is they make knives that match them! I don't need knives, especially when I have GREAT knives, but I thought this was cute. The knives and the matching cutting board would make a great gift!

I miss Charlotte shopping already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!