Sriracha Turkey Meatballs & Pasta in a Sriracha-Soy Sauce
(Meatballs adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen, Sauce adapted from the Pioneer Woman)
- 1 clove of garlic; minced
- 3 green onions; minced
- 1 1/2 lb. 93% ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup panko (or any other bread crumbs)
- 1 1/2 T. sesame seeds
- 3 T sriracha
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set a rack on top of a large baking sheet (I used the rack that comes with most roasting pans).
- Mix all of the above ingredients together. Spoon out meat and roll into 1"-1.5" balls.
- Place on baking sheet so that they are not touching and bake for 30 minutes.
- When finished turn the oven off and turn the broiler on. Broil for a few minutes to give them extra color, then turn them over and broil the other side until golden.
|Going in. |
Pasta, Sauce & Vegetables
- 2 T. of olive oil
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 2 carrots; peeled & diced
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced
- 6-8 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. sriracha
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and honey. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli, carrots & sugar snap peas for 1-2 minutes (you just want to soften them a bit, because they'll continue cooking in the sauce).
- Heat oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium high heat.
- Add steamed vegetables and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the sauce, cover & reduce the heat to low.
- Let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the pasta and the meatballs to the sauce, toss and then serve.