I make salmon cakes all the time, but for some reason it never occurred to me to make tuna cakes. Until I saw this recipe on Pinterest, that is.
This was a fast, cheap, healthy & delicious dinner, and other than the chill time for the burgers, it took no time at all to throw together!
Tuna Cakes with Spicy Lime Sriracha Mayo
(Recipe adapted from this one.)
(For the tuna cakes)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko
- 2 T. of chopped chives
- 2 T. of chopped cilantro
- 1 T. of sesame oil
- 2 T. of sriracha
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- A 12oz. can of solid white albacore tuna in water, drained well and flaked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
(For the mayo)
- 2 T. of plain greek yogurt
- 2 T. of mayo
- Juice & zest of one lime
- 1-2 T. of sriracha
- Dump everything (except the oil) in a bowl and mix it together.
- Divide into 4 cakes, and let chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, but the longer the better. The original source said hers fell apart easily so a longer chill time might help. I chilled mine for over an hour.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the patties.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side.
- To make the sauce: mix everything together, add more of less sriracha depending on your taste, and serve a dollop on each burger.
|(There's a lot more sriracha underneath the chopped herbs ;) )|