photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grilled Peach "Pie"

Every once in a while I have a really good idea.

This was one of those times. It came from the desire for peach cobbler, but the lack of a proper baking dish & time squashed that. I was trying to figure out what else I could do with peaches and vanilla ice cream, and I just decided to grill them.

Back at Thanksgiving I bought a HUGE box of pre-made pie crusts from Sam's, which was ridiculous since I make pie like once a year. I went to put the ice cream in the freezer, and it hit me what I should do with the peaches, ice cream, and now this box of abandoned pie crusts.

This was SO. FREAKING. EASY, but it's one of things that looks so pretty, people think it is MUCH harder than it really is.


Grilled Peach "Pie" with Vanilla Ice Cream
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:

  • 3 Peaches, pitted & quartered
  • 1 T. of butter
  • 1 T. of brown sugar
  • Vanilla ice cream
  • 1 Pillsbury pie crust
  • Cinnamon-sugar

Directions:
  1. Unroll pie crust and cut into 4 pieces. Spray a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray and place each piece into a cup. Bake at 450 for 12 minutes. 
  2. Heat a grill (or a grill pan) to medium-high. Cook peaches for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill, and cut each peach quarter in half. 
  3. Heat butter & brown sugar in a small saucepan and toss the peaches with the mixture. Let simmer in the mixture for 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and dust with cinnamon sugar. 
  4. Remove pie crusts from the oven. Fill each one with 1-2 scoops of ice cream, depending on your preference. Top with a spoonful of the peaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!