This pizza is so good, and had so much flavor,you just can not stop eating it. I'm embarrassed to say that Graham and I finished the whole thing that night. Every single componet is delicious, and when you put it all together and cover it with cheese, you have the perfect, most flavorful pizza ever.
I used store bought pesto, which was oilier than mine, so it was a little messy, but still so freaking delicious.
Chicken Sausage Pesto Pizza
- 1 ball of pizza dough (I like the whole wheat from Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup of pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1 T. of olive oil
- 1/2 of roughly chopped marinated tomatoes (from Whole Foods)
- 1/4 of roughly chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 spinach-feta chicken sausage links (I like the Brat Hans brand from Whole Foods)
- 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella; divided
- 1/4 cup of feta
- Heat oven according to dough directions (for TJ's dough, it's 350).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice the sausage into thin coins and add to a skillet with the onions. Saute for about 5-7 minutes, until sausage has lightly browned and onions are carmelized.
- Spread the pizza dough out on a baking sheet or pizza stone and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the toppings: pesto, mozzarella (1 cup), sausage, onions, tomatoes & olives. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top, and then add the feta.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.