photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jalepeno Cheddar Chicken Burgers



Everyone loves burgers. I sure do. From traditional beef burgers to black bean burgers, I've never had a burger I didn't like.

And these were fantastic. The only way they would have been better if my guacamole had been actual guacamole. The avocados weren't ripe yet, and they didn't mash very well. So instead of smooth & creamy guacamole, I ended up with a chunky avocado salsa.

This burger does have a lot of cilantro going on. I know cilantro is one of those herbs where you either love it or hate it. It doesn't seem like there is very much middle ground. I love it, my husband hates it. But he loved these burgers. It gives it a little something, but there isn't an overwhelming cilantro flavor. So even if you hate it, don't omit it from these.

Anyways. This burger is perfect and I can not wait to make these again!


Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
(Recipe barely adapted from this one.)

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. of ground chicken
  • 1/2 of an onion; finely chopped
  • 1/4 C. of chopped, fresh cilantro
  • 2 jalapenos; finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic; finely chopped
  • 1 t. of cumin
  • 1 t. of paprika
  • 1/4 c. of finely shredded cheddar
  • salt & pepper
  • Guacamole
  • Slices of cheese (optional)
  • Lettuce (optional)
  • Tomatoes (optional)
  • 4 Buns

Directions:
  1. Heat grill (or grill pan) over medium heat.
  2. Mix all ingredients, through salt & pepper, together.
  3. Divide mix into four burgers
  4. Cook about 5-7 minutes on each side. 
  5. Add whatever topping you wish, other than the guacamole. That one is a must!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!