photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Monday, September 9, 2013

Individual Breakfast Casseroles


Several months ago, I made this huge crock pot breakfast casserole I saw on Iowa Girl Eats. It's easy, and delicious. But it makes a ton (12 servings), so I always end up throwing some of it out. Since I'm unemployed these days, I wanted a similar breakfast, but in a single serving size. 

This worked out perfectly, and was ready by the time I had finished my shower. And what I love most about these, is that you can customize them to each individual. I've made them so far with sausage, ham, veggies, the possibilities are endless!


Individual Breakfast Casseroles

Ingredients:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 c. of cooked, crumbled sausage
  • 1/2 c. of frozen hashbrowns (I like the O'Brien style with onions & peppers)
  • Splash of milk
  • 2 T. of shredded cheddar
  • Cooking spray
  • salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Since you're using frozen potatoes, I like to go ahead and add them to the ramekin and put that in the oven while it preheats & I prepare everything else. 
  2. Beat an egg with a splash of milk & salt and pepper, set aside. 
  3. Cook sausage & drain on a paper towel, set aside. 
  4. The oven should be ready at this point. Remove the ramekin and layer the sausage on top, the cheese, and the egg last. 
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until egg is cooked through. 

This stuff is optional, but AMAZING. It's a cheese spread found in the deli section. It takes eggs from "meh" to "freaking awesome"!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!