photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cresent Veggie Pizza

 
In October, my friend Heather made these little mini pizzas for my bridal shower, and they were the culinary hit of the party. Everyone raved about them, and asked me to get the recipe from her. When we had an office party recently, and were told to bring in finger foods/appetizers, I knew this would be the perfect thing!

Heather is the friend who introduced me to so many of my favorite foods. Before her, I had never enjoyed sushi, never tried Indian food, never eaten tapas style, etc. I had been in a long and incredibly unexciting relationship with a guy whose favorite restaurant was Texas Roadhouse, and was completely content with hamburgers and grilled chicken. And while I had always enjoyed good food, I had never enjoyed anything exciting.

Anyways, when she sent me the recipe I was stunned at how crazy simple these were to make. The add ins to the cream cheese give it a totally different flavor and I was stunned when I saw the crust was just canned crescent rolls. This appetizer is delicious enough for any party & is easy enough that you're going to make it over and over again!

Easy Crescent Pizza
(Recipe adapted from one found here & the one Heather emailed me.)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
  • 2 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup of Miracle Whip
  • 2 teaspoon dill weed
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon of onion salt
  • 1 cup small fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 cup of chopped, seeded tomato
  • 1 cup of chopped bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup of chopped black olives
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
  3. Mix cream cheese, Miracle Whip, dill, garlic & onion salt until well blended. Spread over crust. Top with vegetables. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving. To serve, cut into squares and arrange on a cute platter. You should get anywhere from 24-32 squares, depending on how big you cut them. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love hearing your thoughts!