This is quite possibly the easiest recipe ever. It's stupid easy. And foolproof. And completely, 100% husband/boyfriend approved.
That's all I have to say about this. It is nothing fancy, but is crazy good, cheap & so, so easy.
(Recipe adapted from Kraft Food & Family Magazine)
- 1 small onion; finely diced
- 1 bell pepper; finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 T. of olive oil
- 1 lb. of extra lean ground beef
- 1 box of Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup of water
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions & peppers until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic & cook until fragrant (an additional 2-3 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cooked veggies, ground beef, water & stuffing mix together (it is absolutely and completely recommended that you use your CLEAN hands for this part).
- Portion out meat mixture into the cavities of the muffin pan.
- Using a spoon (or your thumbs) to make an indention in each meatloaf. Fill each indention with marinara sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top each meatloaf with enough cheese to cover the sauce, and bake for five more minutes or until the cheese is melted.