photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Copycat Chili's Salsa

When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I couldn't wait to try it. I LOVE chips and salsa. Especially salsa. Seriously love it. At restaurants I ask for a little dish of it on the side when I order french fries. I could eat it with a spoon. And I would, if people wouldn't look at me like I was insane.

So, I made this and it was AWESOME. Oh. My. God. SO good. It didn't taste just like Chili's, but it was very tasty. And so economical. All I had to buy was a small can of jalepenos, which was a whopping $0.80. And it made a TON. Probably about the equivalent of 2 - 3 jars worth. And those jars aren't cheap... even at the commissary where the prices are awesome, a jar of salsa is still about $3.00. Not to mention the massive amount of preservatives in those jars.

(Ignore the ugly pictures & focus on how much this recipe makes!)

So try this. It's delicious. And so easy.

Copycat Chili's Salsa
(Recipe adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff)

Ingredients
  • 2 14.5 ounce cans of tomatoes; drained. 
  • 1 4 ounce can of jalepenos; drained (less if you like less heat)
  • 1/2 of a small, red onion; roughly chopped.
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of cumin
  • The juice of one lime. 
  • A small handful of cilantro
Directions
  1. Roughly chop the onion & drop pieces in the food processor.
  2. Smash the clove of garlic with your knife, remove the skins and drop in food processor. 
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth. 
This is best the next day. When it refrigerates over night, the flavors mix together really well and it's absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!