photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 14 & An Updated Tuna Salad

Day 14- Someone you could not imagine your life without.

Narrowing it down any further than these two is impossible.

My amazing fiance who constantly makes me laugh and whom I love so, SO much.




My amazing, smart, giving mother. She is the kind of mother everyone should be fortunate enough to have.




And... a recipe. Updated Tuna Salad (or as Rachel Ray titled it: Not-Your-Mama's Tuna Salad). I was hesitant. Her recipes are usually either hit or miss for me. I made a few changes, but this one was definitely a hit.

Graham and I were both wanting a lighter dinner tonight, since we both had late, heavy lunches (leftover chicken and dumplings for me and a HUGE roast beef sandwich with pepper jack for him). This was pretty good on it's on, but I did add a few things. I have an unnatural love for kalamata olives, and always eat them whenever I eat canned tuna. Since I added the olives, it also needed feta, so I sprinkled some feta in after I had taken a few bites. This was good though, and very easy.



Tuna Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 tub/1 cup of Pesto (I used store bought)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 12 ounce can of tuna packed in water; drained
  • 1/2 cup of chopped & drained roasted red pepper
  • 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes; halved
  • 1/2 cup of chopped kalamata olives
  • 1/4 cup of crumbled feta
  • 1/2 pound of medium shell pasta
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Place the pesto in the bottom of a large bowl. Mix in the lemon juice. Add the tuna and flake it with a fork. 
  2. Add the roasted red peppers, tomatoes, olives & drained pasta and toss to coat. 
  3. Sprinkle on feta and season to taste with salt & pepper. 
Easy & delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!