Lemon Cream Bars
(Recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine)
- 20 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold margarine
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- Bake for 26 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.