photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easiest Banana Bread EVER!

Recipe courtesy of Simply Recipes
I had some over ripe bananas sitting on the counter, and I can only eat bananas that are so fresh they're still practically green. So I googled banana bread recipes and made the very first one that popped up.

This bread was so simple to make and was so, so delicious. It was super moist and flavorful. I wanted to add chocolate chips, but I didn't remember until the loaf was already in the oven. I just decided if I wanted to try banana bread with chocolate, I could just slather some Nutella on it... which I did. And it was amazing. Banana bread and Nutella are now an epic combination. Just so you know.

Please ignore the hideous counter tops & paper plates... focus on the Nutella.
Banana Bread
Ingredients
  • 3 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter into the mashed bananas together. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!