Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about one sleeve)
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Let sit in freezer while you prepare the cheesecake filling and cookie dough.
- To prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, the sugars, salt and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Put dough in a separate container and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well incorporated. Mix in the egg on low speed until smooth. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps, distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter in teaspoon-sized clumps. It seems like a lot, but you will need to use all of the dough. It will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into desired size (I cut mine into 12 equal pieces) and store in the refrigerator.
|I'm LOVING how it's turning out.|