photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three Weeks Soda Free!

I feel like I'm over the worst part of my soda addiction. I think I'll always have moments where I'm pulled to an ice cold Diet Mountain Dew, but I think I'll be able to fight that temptation and make a smarter choice.

I'm also making better choices fast food wise as well. I posted previously that I was giving up fast food. And while I haven't given it up completely, I have done a lot better. This week has been challenging, since our fridge at work is broken. Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast food lunch. Even though it's the farthest from my office, and usually the priciest, it's still my top choice.

Well, since giving up sodas, I can get a much healtheir meal there for less money. The past two days it's been a Chargrilled sandwich (extra pickles of course), a small fruit cup & a large ice water (these 98 degree days are brutal!). This comes in at 360 calories and 4 grams of fat. This is good for any sandwich meal, in my opinion. But it's very good for a vast food meal. I'm sure the sodium is way too high and all that jazz, but 360 calories/4 grams of fat is amazing compared to my old favorite from Wendy's (spicy chicken sandwich-no mayo, medium fries and a diet coke) which weighs in at 900 calories/38 grams of fat.

Not to mention the price is better since I've gotten rid of soft drinks & tea. The chargrilled combo at Chick-Fil-A (Sandwich, fries & drink) was almost $7.00. Now, with just the sandwich, a fruit cup and a (free!) water, my lunch today was $5.65. Win/win!

Making this whole thing easier is low fat/low calorie sweet treats. Two weeks ago I discovered (and fell in love with) Skinny Cow Strawberry Shortcake ice cream sandwiches. These are SO, SO good! And only 150 calories and 2 grams of fat. I don't feel at all deprived at all by eating these instead of regular ice cream. I know low fat/low calorie stuff still has lots of other crap in them, but everything in moderation right?

Also, Fiber One has these new 90 calories brownies. I LOVE them! They're small, but they're chocolatey, light (so many low fat snacks are so heavy and taste fake) and I really, really love them. In fact, Christina over at Hungry Meets Healthy is doing a giveaway of some of the brownies and a prize pack from Fiber One.


All in all, I'm really proud of myself. I've been working out fairly regularly the past couple of weeks, eating better and I'm starting to feel better. The scale isn't showing much of a difference yet, but I know it will if I keep doing what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!