I'm going to begin easing my way into using more healthy products (like whole wheat flour) but for the time being, I'm trying to just get into eating healthier, but still "normal" foods.
This salmon and orzo dish was the perfect light, summer dinner. And it only took about 15 minutes to prepare! Brush lemon juice and olive oil over the salmon and then sprinkle on Low-Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning. Grill or saute.
Lemon Orzo Salad with Cherry Tomatoes & Asparagus
Recipe from A Big Mouthful
- 12 oz. orzo
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring 2 large pots of water to boil. Add a handful of salt to each pot.
- To one pot, add asparagus and blanch, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Place blanched asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and keep them green.
- To the second pot, add the orzo. Cook per package instructions. When tender, drain and place in a large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and tomato halves.
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir into orzo and vegetables.
- This can be served warm, room temperature or cold.