I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. And if I'm going to be in excruciating pain for the next 30 days, I'm not going to ruin the results by eating a traditional pizza.
I was STUNNED by how good this was. I expected it to be tasty, but I wasn't expecting it to be as delicious as it was. It still had a bit of fat because of the cheese, but I'm guessing it's a minimal amount compared to traditional pizza. The pack of mushrooms I bought had two huge mushroom caps, so I can not wait to make another pizza later this week!
Portabella Mushroom Pizza
- One large mushroom cap
- one can of diced tomatoes; some of the liquid drained off
- sliced & diced veggies of your choice (I used green bell pepper and kalamata olives)
- Cheese of your choice
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees
- Pour the partially drained tomatoes into a saucepan. Turn on medium high heat and let these sit for a few minutes. They'll thicken up and the flavor will intensify.
- Scoop the gills out of the mushroom. Be careful not to scoop through the mushroom.
- Brush the mushroom with olive oil all over and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Spoon some of the tomatoes into the bottom of the mushroom.
- Top with toppings and then cover it all with cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes. Once this was done, I did turn on the broiler for a minute to get the cheese a little gooier.
This was fantastic. I went with tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, because sauce usually tastes heavier, and I wanted these to taste really light.
I served this with a salad (yes, with more olives) and had a completely healthy, satisfying, meat free meal.