photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cheesy Zucchini & Squash Bake

Side dishes are always a challenge for me. I have like 3-4 really good side dish recipes that I rotate, but other than that I just eat instant mashed potatoes or heat up a can of green beans or something (fancy, I know).

I saw this recipe over on Kalyn's Kitchen and decided it was worth a shot. I adapted her recipe to make it more fitting to my tastes (and to what I had on hand), and I was absolutely thrilled with how it turned out. This was delicious, and so easy.



Cheesy Zucchini & Squash Bake
Ingredients
  • Two zucchinis; cut into half moons
  • Two squash; cut into half moons
  • Two cloves of garlic; minced finely
  • One teaspoon of chopped thyme (or 1/2 a teaspoon of minced)
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese; divided. 
  • Salt & pepper
  • Two tablespoons of olive oil

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix chopped vegetables, garlic, thyme, 1/2 cup of cheese, salt and pepper and oil. 
  3. Pour vegetables in the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes, and then turn the broiler on to high.
  5. Top with the rest of the cheese and put under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!