photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Friday, January 27, 2012

Blackberry Cobbler


Another Pioneer Woman recipe! Last time it was mashed potatoes... today it's a super sweet & delicious blackberry cobbler. I think this is the absolute easiest dessert I have ever made. It took about 10 minutes to put together, an hour to bake, and was absolutely perfect with more vanilla ice cream.

I made this exactly from the recipe as well, but I ran out of real sugar so I substituted Truvia. It worked pretty well. This was still very sweet. I've never made this before, so I don't know if it made any kind of a difference, but maybe next time I'll try it with all sugar substitute. It'll make me feel better about there being a whole stick of butter in this =)

The Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler
(Original recipe found here.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of self rising flour
  • 1 cup of milk (I used fat free)
  • 2 cups of fresh blackberries (or whatever fruit you prefer)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter in a small saucepan or microwavable dish. 
  3. Mix sugar, flour and milk together. Add in melted butter and mix well.
  4. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray, or butter the dish.
  5. Pour batter into dish and then drop in blackberries. Make sure to evenly distribute them. 
  6. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the top.
  7. Bake for one hour or until golden and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!