photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken & Edamame with Citrus-Ginger Dressing

Other than the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, this is my favorite thing I've made so far (I think for Graham it's still a toss up between the Pesto Pizza and the cornbread).


This recipe comes from Confections of a Foodie Bride. I've followed this blog for a while now, but I don't think I've made much (if anything) from here. But this recipe was posted while we were on our honeymoon, and I immediately saved it. It just looked so pretty and colorful. And it had some of my favorite things in it: edamame, avocado and red bell peppers. I don't buy the red peppers as much as I should, because they're so much pricier than the green ones. For this recipe I caved though, because I wanted the color that would only come from a red one.

Everything about this was delicious. The grilled chicken had some spice to it, thanks to the McCormick Grill Seasoning I used; the veggies were crisp and fresh; the brown rice was actually good this time (I haven't been a fan of brown rice in the past) and the dressing pulled everything together really, really well.  The only thing I changed was just to add more stuff. I added a carrot, for some extra crunch, used a whole, small avocado (Graham and I really love avocado...) and omitted the oil used in the dressing.

This recipe is definitely a keeper and I can't wait to have it again!

Chicken & Edamame with Citrus-Ginger Dressing
(Recipe adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride)

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 T. lime juice
  • 1 T. peeled fresh ginger,grated (about a one inch piece)
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 grilled chicken breasts; chopped or sliced
  • 1 and a half cups of shelled edamame
  • 1 large carrot; peeled & diced
  • 1 large red bell pepper; diced
  • 1 small avocado; sliced
  • 2 T. of cilantro
  • 1 cup brown rice
 

Directions:
  1. Cook the brown rice according to package directions. I cooked mine in chicken stock for extra flavor; but water is fine.
  2. Grill chicken breasts. Remove from heat, let sit for a moment and then chop them or slice them and put the chicken in a small bowl. 
  3. Dice red bell pepper and carrot and add to the bowl with the chicken.
  4. Prepare edamame according to package instructions (I bought one of the bags of shelled edamame that steams it in the closed bag in the microwave). Add one and a half cups of it to the veggies & chicken.
  5. Whisk the orange juice, lime juice and the grated ginger together and pour over the veggies and chicken. 
  6. Pour the rice in a serving dish. Top with the chicken & vegetable mixture and garnish with the cilantro and sliced avocado. 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!