This recipe comes from Confections of a Foodie Bride. I've followed this blog for a while now, but I don't think I've made much (if anything) from here. But this recipe was posted while we were on our honeymoon, and I immediately saved it. It just looked so pretty and colorful. And it had some of my favorite things in it: edamame, avocado and red bell peppers. I don't buy the red peppers as much as I should, because they're so much pricier than the green ones. For this recipe I caved though, because I wanted the color that would only come from a red one.
Everything about this was delicious. The grilled chicken had some spice to it, thanks to the McCormick Grill Seasoning I used; the veggies were crisp and fresh; the brown rice was actually good this time (I haven't been a fan of brown rice in the past) and the dressing pulled everything together really, really well. The only thing I changed was just to add more stuff. I added a carrot, for some extra crunch, used a whole, small avocado (Graham and I really love avocado...) and omitted the oil used in the dressing.
This recipe is definitely a keeper and I can't wait to have it again!
Chicken & Edamame with Citrus-Ginger Dressing
(Recipe adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. peeled fresh ginger,grated (about a one inch piece)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 grilled chicken breasts; chopped or sliced
- 1 and a half cups of shelled edamame
- 1 large carrot; peeled & diced
- 1 large red bell pepper; diced
- 1 small avocado; sliced
- 2 T. of cilantro
- 1 cup brown rice
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions. I cooked mine in chicken stock for extra flavor; but water is fine.
- Grill chicken breasts. Remove from heat, let sit for a moment and then chop them or slice them and put the chicken in a small bowl.
- Dice red bell pepper and carrot and add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Prepare edamame according to package instructions (I bought one of the bags of shelled edamame that steams it in the closed bag in the microwave). Add one and a half cups of it to the veggies & chicken.
- Whisk the orange juice, lime juice and the grated ginger together and pour over the veggies and chicken.
- Pour the rice in a serving dish. Top with the chicken & vegetable mixture and garnish with the cilantro and sliced avocado.