photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pesto Crescent Rolls

I know using canned rolls/breads is frowned upon in the foodie world.

Two words: Don't hate.

I saw this on Pinterest today, and I instantly knew I had to make these to go with our dinner tonight (homemade spaghetti & meatballs... yum!)


The only problem? When Graham picked me up from work, I was starving and not about to make these from scratch. Not to mention the original recipe is in Turkish...) The person who had pinned these mentioned using crescent rolls, so I decided to give that a try. They turned out absolutely delicious and they were SO easy. Literally two ingredients! My husband RAVED about them and I probably ate more than I should have...

Pesto Crescent Rolls
(Recipe adapted from this one)

Ingredients:
  • Two 11.25 ounce cans of crescent rolls
  • Pesto (homemade is best, but I was lazy and used store bought)
Directions
  1. To start, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Unroll the first can of crescents onto a sheet of wax paper. Press the pieces together, making one long sheet of dough. 
  3. Drop spoonfuls of the pesto onto the sheet of dough. Spread the pesto over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border of the dough uncovered.
  4. Carefully roll the dough and pesto up tightly & place in the freezer for about 10 minutes (it makes the dough much easier to cut).
  5. Cut into the rolled dough with a serrated knife, and arrange the pieces into the pan.
  6. Repeat with the second can of crescents. 
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.
       
     
These were seriously SO good! Make them as soon as possible. Really. Either start making homemade dough, or run to the grocery store right now for some!

2 comments:

  1. So how many rolls did two cans yield? Approx. 2 dozen? Is the picture for two cans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the picture is for two cans. I figure how many it makes depends on how thin you cut the "log". I cut mine about 1-1.5 inches thick.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!