photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Roasted Vegetables


I was flipping through Everyday Italian (Giada De Laurentiis) and came across a recipe for grilled vegetables. Graham mentioned wanting to grill shrimp, and I thought that we could have some grilled veggies as a side dish. But even with all of our shopping this past Saturday, we never picked up a basket that would allow us to cook vegetables on the grill. I had already purchased all of the veggies needed to make this, so I decided to adapt it and make roasted vegetables. I made them the same way I make my roasted potatoes and these were amazing! We were waiting on the shrimp, and we both kept plucking vegetables from the serving bowl. Everything had so much flavor, and was absolutely incredible. This is a side dish that I will DEFINITELY keep in my repertoire.


Roasted Vegetables
(Adapted from this one.)

Ingredients:
  • 2 Red Bell Peppers
  • 1 package of sliced baby portabello mushrooms
  • 2 Squash
  • 2 Zucchini
  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 3 T. of balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves of garlic; finely minced
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Chop all of the vegetables into similarly, decent sized pieced. Everything shrinks up a lot when cooked, so do not go too small.
  3. In the bottom of a large mixing bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour the vegetables in the bowl and toss from the bottom, being sure to coat everything in the oil-vinegar mixture.
  4. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the vegetables out in an even layer on the sheet.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!