photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Restaurant Review: Dizzy's Gypsy Bistro

Dizzy's Gypsy Bistro on Urbanspoon

Dizzy's Gypsy Bistro has been on my list of places to try for a while now, but since I don't see it that often, I don't really think about it. We were heading out to Chenal on Saturday to see Titanic in 3D (my favorite movie of all time!) and since we were passing downtown Little Rock, we decided to stop by for an early dinner.


We loved the place from the moment we stepped inside. The decor was fun & funky and we were absolutely in love with the light fixtures.

 

I totally want to DIY this one.

The food was absolutely delicious. Arkansas is apparently the cheese dip capital of the world, and Dizzy's is known for their award winning dip. We started with an order of that, and my only complaint is the portion size. Since it was just the two of us at dinner, we were both full by the time we finished the dip. They offer half size portions of several of their entrees, and it would have been awesome to have been able to get this in a smaller portion. Logically, I know we could have stopped eating it, but it was way too good. This wasn't some soupy, Chili's-style queso. This was cheese dip. Each chip that came out of the bowl brought thick, gooey cheese with it. The addition of salsa, pico de gallo & sour cream made this even more perfect.

Le Petite Roche Cheese Dip; $8.99

Spinach Tortellini; (half order) $9.99

Luckily, they did offer a smaller size portion of my dinner choice. This was excellent. It was stuffed with ricotta, topped with grilled chicken breast, artichoke hearts, black olives, marinara and alfredo sauce. At first appearance, I wasn't impressed. Then I took a bite. It was delicious, and once I broke through the top layer of marinara, all of the other stuff inside were like (very flavorful) little gifts. This came served with a side salad (the pepper-parmesan dressing was fantastic, by the way!), so I only managed to eat about a third of it (I wasn't kidding when I said the cheee dip filled us up) and the rest was delicious reheated for lunch the next afternoon.

Aimee's Grilled Turkey; $8.99

Graham's turkey sandwich with pesto, swiss & a garlic-basil mayo was equally delicious. Again, it was huge. And even my bottomless pit of a husband only finished half and when he ate the other half for lunch the next day, he instantly wanted more. I wasn't impressed with the fries. They weren't bad, just ordinary fries which needed more salt.

Since we were on our way to a 3+ hour long movie, we bypassed the alcohol, although their drink list was very appealing. We'll have to try that out next time, because we will definitely be back. This place is definitely a new favorite of ours and we can't wait to head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!