photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our perfect, very image heavy, anniversary weekend =)

One year of married bliss has come and gone. It was an absolutely an amazing first year together, even with the six months of separation. I have loved every moment that we have shared over the past year. Since last April 23rd, we've had two weddings, adopted another fur-child, had an amazing trip to Disney and thousands of other small, perfect moments that have been so special to us. I'm so lucky to be married to someone who constantly makes me laugh, keeps a perpetual smile on my face, challenges me and makes me want to be a better person. I can't wait to see where the rest of our lives takes us.

These beautiful flowers started our long weekend off wonderfully.

I amused myself on the car ride to Eureka Springs by making goofy faces.

My husband is too cute for words =)



We walked up the steepest hill ever to get to the "haunted" Crescent Hotel.

We stopped to admire pretty scenery.

Not the Blue Ridge Parkway, but still pretty.

Spent a beautiful Sunday in Little Rock @ the Big Dam Bridge.

And took Hermione for an adventure at the dog park.

On our actual anniversary, we took advantage of a gift certificate to one of our favorite restaurants, So!,  and had an absolutely amazing dinner.
So Restaurant Bar on Urbanspoon

My favorite meal in Little Rock: Seared scallops & squid ink linguine.

This was absolutely delicious, as usual. The problem: the portion has gotten significantly smaller and the price has stayed high (this dish was $30). I can maybe forgive them for losing a scallop. The scallops are huge, and I know first hand how expensive they are. But I don't get why they felt the need to seriously skimp on the pasta?

Same dish; ordered in May 2011.

Primo Louis Filet

This was excellent. A perfectly cooked beef tenderloin, on top of a bacon hash-brown, topped with lump crab meat and a creamy chardonnay sauce. Absolutely perfect. The meat was so tender and delicious, and that bacon hash-brown was amazing. the texture was crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and hello! Bacon! Yum =)

Key Lime Layered dessert

OH MY GOD. So amazing. The crust was actually a very dense layer of cake (kind of tasted like a very thick cookie), topped with key lime curd and then the gooey key lime pie filling. This was perfect. I could have eaten about five of these... but for some stupid reason, Graham & I decided to share this one.


We got home from dinner, and drank champagne in our crazy expensive, gorgeous Swarovski champagne flutes. This is the third time we've used them, and I adore them. It makes an already special occasion feel a little more special.

And then we fought with my camera and my need for a picture where I don't look fat to take a photo of us on our special day. This will be a yearly thing, and I can't wait to see how we change over the years.

2 comments:

  1. 24 Ap is our anniversary too. Happy Anniversary to you guys too ;)

    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you guys had a fantastic anniversary as well.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!