photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread


When I got home from work today, I noticed there were three overly ripe bananas on the counter. I don't like ripe bananas. I prefer them still green. Once there are brown spots I lose all interest in bananas as anything other than the key ingredient in banana bread.

This banana bread is absolutely amazing. I love the combination of chocolate & bananas, so I added chocolate chips. I had some leftover pecans from a carrot cake I made yesterday, so I threw those in too. I reduced the sugar significantly, and subbed some whole wheat flour for the all purpose. You'd never miss the sugar (thanks to the sweetness from the chocolate chips), and you'd never notice the switch in the flour.

This is one of the best banana breads I've ever had and if you try it, I hope you enjoy it as well.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread
(Recipe adapted from this one.)

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 C of butter
  • 1/3 C of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t. of baking soda
  • 1 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 C of whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 C of chocolate chips
  • 1/4 C of chopped pecans (or walnuts would be great too)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8 x 4 loaf pan, or spray with cooking spray & set aside. 
  2. Mash bananas & mix in melted butter.
  3. Add in the egg & the sugar. 
  4. Mix in the baking soda and then the flour. 
  5. Fold in the chocolate & nuts, and pour mixture into prepared pan. 
  6. Bake for one hour, or until tester comes out clean (if top is getting too brown early on, cover with foil for the remainder of baking time. 
  7. Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes. 
  8. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!