photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

1) My SodaStream. Those of you who are Facebook friends probably never thought you'd hear me say that. I never thought I'd say that... Maybe one day if I can think back about the experience without my blood boiling, I may share it. Anyways, once I got the stupid machine I didn't want to like it. I left it unopened on the kitchen table for three days before I finally gave in. Once I did, I was hooked. This thing is awesome. It's only a tiny bit cheaper than store bought sodas, but I really am enjoying it. We've made our way through most of the samples they sent. My favorite (so far) is the diet grapefruit. Graham's is the diet Dr. Pete. My CO2 tank ran out last week, and today I finally made my way to Bed, Bath & Beyond to replace it, and I was surprised by how much I had missed being able to use it.



2) The healthysELF challenge! This challenge was started by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean & Elle over at Nutritionella. The purpose of the challenge is to make healthier choices for ourselves year round, and to create a community of support. I am LOVING this so far! I've already met some fantastic people, I've gotten some delicious sounding & healthy recipes, and I'm going to be doing things I wouldn't typically do (like a 100 burpees on Thursday... oh dear God...)

(source)

3) This pink grapefruit smoothie I found over at Crafty Little Gnome. I made it this morning for breakfast and found it was the perfect combination of tart & sweet. It's made with a ruby read grapefruit, a chopped, frozen banana, a cup of chopped strawberries (also frozen) and a cup of orange juice. I can't wait to have another one of these tomorrow!



4) These shoes from Target. SO CUTE!!! And of course I notice them right when I'm actually trying to stick to a budget! However, right now Target does have their shoes 'buy one, get one half off'. So.... ;)

(source, source)

 5) This quote came to me at the perfect time. I worry a lot. I stress out a lot. And I'm less stressed out and anxious when I'm thinking positive. It's so easy to get bogged down with the little things that bother you or when you're not getting your way. We just need to stop and focus on what is good in our lives.

(source)

2 comments:

  1. My Sodastream is the best thing I got in 2012. Its amazing how much plain carbonated water with slices of lime I can drink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE it. I had such a hard time with the company, I didn't want to like it, but once I started using it I was hooked!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts!