|Mediterranean Quinoa... scroll through my rambling for the recipe =)|
A few weeks ago I made quinoa for the first time, and now I just can't get enough! Especially after learning how nutritious it is for you.
Anyways, I started with quinoa bowls... and they were epic.
Next, I made a big pot of Mexican quinoa. It was perfect for lunches throughout the week. It was especially delicious when topped with shredded cheese & homemade pico de gallo.
And tonight I made an enormous bowl of Mediterranean quinoa. And it was amazing. I pretty much wanted to dive head first into the bowl. I made it as a side dish for our dinner, but while everything else was cooking, I could not stop eating it. There are plenty of Mediterranean quinoa recipes on the Internet, but what makes this recipe special is the use of marinated tomatoes from the olive bar at Whole Foods. Oh. My. God. These things are epic. I've always loved tomatoes, but these are just a total game changer. It's going to be hard to go back to regular tomatoes. And sun dried are definitely a thing of the past.
Anyways, here's the recipe.
- 1 C. of uncooked quinoa
- 1-3/4 C. of chicken stock
- 1/2 C. of marinated tomatoes; chopped in about 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained & halved
- 1/2 C. of kalamata olives; sliced
- 1/3 C. of crumbled feta
- 2 T. of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 T. of chopped oregano
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 T. of red wine vinegar
- 3 T. of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
|I seriously wanted to dive into this bowl!|
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, olives, artichoke hearts, feta, herbs & lemon zest to a large bowl.
- When quinoa is finished, fluff it with a fork and add it to the bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar & lemon juice and add to the bowl. Toss well so everything is mixed well.
This can be served hot, cold or room temperature... And oh my gosh, it's good!