photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Monday, June 24, 2013

Perfect Summer Meal

Summer is upon us! I've never been one to cook seasonally. I eat soup when it's 110 degrees outside, and I have no problem slow cooking a pot roast in the oven all day. It doesn't heat up the house THAT much, and I refuse to give up my favorite meals because it's hot outside.

However.

Summery meals are nice too =) Like this one: AMAZING steak kebabs and a light, stupidly simple salad.

These kebabs are just steak, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms & pineapple. They were marinated overnight in McCormick Montreal Steak marinade and a few sprigs of rosemary. I marinated and skewered them, Graham grilled them. It's all about teamwork =)




This salad was so good! Swiss chard, long strips of carrots, craisins, sunflower seeds and a light vinaigrette. So good! And the greens held up really well, even being tossed in the vinaigrette and it was just as good the next day. Check out Emily's blog for this salad recipe. I added a teaspoon of horseradish dijon to the vinaigrette and it was so freaking good!



Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!