And I agree. This is SO good and it could not have been easier to make. The most important thing to know, and the most important part of this recipe to remember is NOT to stir the cobbler up once you add all of the components to the dish. Seriously. Do. Not. Mix.
This is even better when it's made with fresh peaches. The original recipe says you can use canned. Don't do it! Peaches are so delicious right now. Stop by a roadside fruit stand and buy some. They are definitely worth it!
(Adapted from this recipe.)
- 4 cups of peeled, sliced peaches (4-5 peaches)
- 2 cups of sugar, divided
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 cups of self rising flour
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1/2 t. of cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add a stick of butter to a baking dish and put in the oven to melt. (I used this one, but it needs to be at least 2-3 quarts & fairly deep.)
- Combine peaches, 1 cup of sugar and water in a medium sauce pot. Bring to a bowl. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, remaining sugar and milk. Whisk together, slowly to avoid lumps.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and pour the flour mixture over the melted butter. Do NOT stir the butter & flour mixture together!
- Spoon the peaches on top of the mixture and slowly pour in the syrup.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for a bit and serve with vanilla ice cream.