photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Sunday, December 29, 2013

52 Week Money Saving Challenge


It's almost 2014!

One of my resolutions is to try to do a better job of spending less & saving more. When I saw this pin on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to do this for the upcoming year. 

The premise is simple: for every week of the year, you put that much money in a jar. So for week one, you put in a dollar. For week 52, you put in $52. Easy. By the end of the year, you'll have saved over $1300. Perfect for paying off all of those credit card bills we all rack up over Christmas. Or you be frivolous like I probably will be and take a small vacation...

Anyways. 

I'm not keeping the money in a jar. I hate having cash on me, and I feel that once you get to the higher amounts, you could potentially waste a lot of money. Like, $41 for example. I'd have to get $60 out of the ATM and would then blow the other $19 at Starbucks... So I opened another savings account with our bank, and I'm just going to transfer the specified amount over each week. I have my sheet taped to the fridge so I still get the satisfaction of crossing each week off. 


I made my own sheet, because I'm a control freak and I needed the dates to make sense. January 1-January 7 doesn't work for me, because those dates are the middle of two different weeks. Week 1, Week 2, etc. doesn't work for me, because I need to be able to see the dates. I'm weird, I know. 

So, I made my own sheet. If you're as weird as I am, you're welcome to download it here


Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!