It doesn't make me laugh, but it always makes me smile. I think it's awesome seeing a cat and dog all snuggled up together. Not to mention those are two of the cutest, craziest animals ever and I adore them.
Anyways. Enough cuteness. Now for a recipe =)
I love burgers, but I'm always looking for healthier options and I love, love making turkey burgers. Just make sure you use ground turkey breast. If you get just ground turkey, it isn't much leaner than ground beef. Also, since the turkey is so lean, you pretty much HAVE to put veggies in them or they tend to be too dry.
This one was fantastic, low in fat and was packed with flavor. I served it with homemade fries (regular potato for me, sweet potato for the fiance) and a cucumber and tomato salad.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pesto (I used store bought)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- Combine first 8 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the turkey and mix thoroughly. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide meat into four portions and shape into patties. Each should be about half an inch thick. I also like the make a slight indention in the center of the patty (a la Rachel Ray), so that it doesn't puff up in the middle when it cooks.
- Grill for 7 minutes on each side.
These were fantastic!