Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Recipe adapted from this one.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter; divided
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and de-veined jumbo shrimp
- 2 cloves of garlic
- the zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and the goat cheese; cover and keep warm.
- While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
- Toss the shrimp mixture, the olive oil and the orzo together. Add salt to taste.