photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Monday, March 4, 2013

Bathroom Business

I freaking hate our bathroom. 

*sigh*

It's been almost a year since we first started on the bathroom. Then life got in the way (you know... deployments, vacations, holidays, laziness and other projects...) and it sat unfinished for quite a while.

Then January rolled around. And we realized that we're moving to Virginia sooner rather than later, and we needed to stop being lazy and get busy. So, we picked out pretty wallpaper and naively thought we'd be finished in no time. But, the universe likes to keep giving us the middle finger when it comes to this stupid, tiny, aggravating bathroom.

So, a month after we started wallpapering, we are so close to being finished I can almost taste it. And of course we run into a problem. Well, two problems. One: the piece that makes the shower door fit, doesn't fit. Two: the toilet has a crack in the tank.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

So while it isn't finished, I was determined to start off the week with pictures of the bathroom and darn it, I'm going to do it!

It's not finished yet, but the before and after pictures of the vanity and the cubby hole completely blow me away. Have I mentioned how completely amazing my husband is? He has done all of this by himself. I've helped with some painting, caulking, sanding & picking out the pretty stuff, but he's done EVERYTHING. He built the vanity, he made the new door for the cubby hole, he wallpapered, he installed the new light fixture, faucet & moved the plumbing. He. Is. Amazing.



Hopefully I'll have a full bathroom reveal soon. I'm so excited to have it almost finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!