photo recipes-1.png  photo wedding.png  photo homeprojects.png  photo blogroll.png  photo travel-1.png

Sunday, November 20, 2011

IHOP Copycat Pancakes

I've never been much of a breakfast person, but on the weekends Graham and I love having breakfast together. Yesterday we used a groupon for this hole in the wall, mom & pop style place in Jacksonville, and I had so much food I seriously didn't eat again till we had Papa Sushi for dinner.

Anyways. This morning when I woke up, I suggested pancakes. Whenever we go to IHOP for pancakes, I always get the New York Cheesecake Pancakes. They're my favorite, but so many calories, it physically hurt to look at the nutritional information. So this morning we decided to try to make one of the dozens of IHOP copycat recipes on the internet.

These turned out really, REALLY well. Graham didn't think they were AS GOOD as the ones he gets when we go to IHOP, but he said they were definitely better than than the ones made from the mix.

And yes, I know the amount of syrup is pathetic. I hate syrup. Blech.

IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes
From Top Secret Recipes

Ingredients:
  1. 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
  2. 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk
  3. 1/4 cup of sugar
  4. 1 egg
  5. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  6. 1 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
  7. 1/4 cup of vegetable oil

Directions:
  • Preheat pan and spray with a little cooking spray. 
  • Put all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth.
  • Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into the heated skillet.
  • After a minute or two (once the edges have begun to harden and turn golden), carefully flip each pancake. 
  • Cook pancakes on the other side for the same amount of time, until golden brown.

Makes 8 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!